Braces, retainers, and everything else you want to know about orthodontics!
You’ve come in for an exam and Dr. Zach has confirmed: “YOUR CHILD NEEDS BRACES!”
Braces! What now?
Don’t worry! Braces aren’t nearly as scary as you may think. In fact, braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, which makes life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
How long will I have to wear braces?
The amount of time it takes to treat your son or daughter’s smile with braces depends on three key factors:
- Complexity — Some conditions are more complicated than others and may require more time and additional appliances.
- Growth and body response — Everyone’s body is different, and in some cases, teeth may move faster or more favorably for one person compared to another. We are all unique, and this cannot be predicted!
- Participation — The great thing about braces is that if your child cooperates well, he or she can shorten treatment time. That means less time away from school and activities!
Braces Your Way!
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles to choose from. Some common options include:
- Metal braces
- Clear ceramic braces
- Invisalign clear aligners
- Self-ligating braces
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment for your child?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost a person’s self-confidence, giving him or her a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Teeth left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term teeth issues that cost more in the end.
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many adolescents. While thy might have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good! Please contact our practice to schedule your next orthodontic checkup.